Quality and Safety
Principles of Quality and Safety at ABS Jets
ABS Jets operating staff are admitted only on the basis of successfully completing a comprehensive selection procedure consisting of language, fitness and psychological tests, and professional exams relevant to the given position.
All ABS Jets crews, planning staff, technical and ground handling personnel are trained according to the highest internal standards, which are founded upon general aviation regulations, as well as the highest international standards in the sector, for example IOSA, IS-BAO or IS-BAH, all of which reflect the latest processes and developments in the industry.
Over the past seven years, ABS Jets has successfully implemented an integrated management system and has been awarded IS-BAO Stage II and IS-BAH Stage I certifications. In addition to well-established corporate management processes, the system provides thorough on-going monitoring of compliance with corporate regulations and internal standards. The safety management system is integrated into the entire company and allows management to take a proactive approach and prevent operational risks, thus, leading to the effective management of the company.
In order to achieve the highest level of operational safety, the ABS Jets OCC uses standardised risk assessment processes of safety situations. This enables the centre to quickly obtain information about possible changes and ensure an adequate response at the final destination or at the alternate airport. We conduct risk assessments with respect to the safety situations not only for planned airports, but for all countries over which the aircraft flies.
ABS Jets provides support to its own fleet through its service centre, which is located directly in the ABS Jets hangars and is professionally qualified to conduct light and heavy maintenance. Furthermore, our technical AOG support is always ready to react immediately to an aircraft’s unexpected technical problems anywhere in the world.
All ABS Jets technical staff are subject to strict skill and qualification inspections. The goal of the company’s authorisation system is to ensure the best possible level of professional development, skills and knowledge for the position or tasks in question.
ABS Jets plans, prepares and monitors all its flights through the Operations Control Centre (OCC), which operates 24/7. The OCC provides its services to a number of operators around the globe.
Awards and Certifications
- NBAA Commercial Business Flying Safety Award 2014
- NBAA Maintenance/Avionics Technician Safety Award
- NBAA Aviation Support Services Safety Award 2013
- NBAA Commercial Business Flying Safety Award 2013
- NBAA Pilot Safety Award
- Flight Safety Full-Service Program Certificate of Enrollment
- NBAA Aviation Maintenance Department Safety Award 2009
- International Standard for Business Aircraft Handling (IS-BAH) Stage I Certificate
- Certificate of Embraer Authorized Service Center
- International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO) Stage II Certificate
- Best Business Jet Operator Award presented by Oversees Living Magazine
- NBAA Aviation Maintenance Department Safety Awards 2014